IT Leadership, Development & Marketing
Well rounded IT Leader with over twenty years of diverse web technology, project management and digital marketing experience. Complete website/application lifecycle experience including architecture, design, development, management & marketing. Utilizes agile/scrum and lean methodologies with well defined workflows to perform efficiently in startup and corporate environments. Successful track record managing large-scale web projects and leading digital marketing teams.
GCA Technology Services
Web Technology Consultant - May 2016 - Present
- Manage corporate web technology systems and websites
- System architecture and technical project management
GCA Technology Services
VP of Web Technology & Marketing - July 2014 - April 2016
- Inspired and created a collaborative company culture through introduction of web-based collaboration tools.
- Increased efficiency across divisions through ongoing coaching and support around adoption of automated tools and processes.
- Introduced and oversaw outsourcing of a key IT role, resulting in an annual cost savings of approximately $60,000.
- Managed technology projects, developers, third-party vendors and contractors, using agile/scrum principles and lean methodologies, to ensure delivery of objectives within project scope.
- Increased relevant targeted traffic and lead generation through diversification of company websites.
- Rebuilt learning management system including state-of-the-art feed management software to configure, consume, parse and process incoming data delivered in a multitude of data structures.
Owner- August 2007 - June 2014
- Built and managed franchised eCommerce platform and multiple shopping websites, increasing online sales from $250,000 to $10 million in five years.
- Managed the construction of several custom web and mobile applications for a variety of different industries.
- Improved brand awareness for a variety of clients through strategic digital marketing efforts and social media campaigns, increasing subscriber base by more than 400% in some cases.
- Increased operational efficiency for multiple clients through build and implementation of custom web applications for managing business and data processes.
- Managed and coached a full web development team using agile/scrum principles and lean methodologies.
Web Technology Consultant - April 2013 - July 2014
- Provided technical vision and managed the development of a multi-tenant boat dealership content management system.
- Implemented a marketing strategy which increased the web visibility and leads by 400% for a flagship client.
GCA Technology Services
Web Technology Manager - Jun 2006 - Jul 2009
- Built a corporate intranet to power business processes for entire organization.
- Redesigned and constructed company website with eCommerce and search engine friendliness, doubling online traffic & sales within the first year.
- Created separate services specific website that generated a lead that converted to the company’s largest client within two weeks of launch.
- Implemented new web based automation to reduce response time to leads by 50%.
Creative Business Solutions
Chief Technology Officer - Jan 2002 - Jan 2006
- Established a rapid development workflow based on a reusable code library.
- Designed and developed a large scale property management platform powering hundreds of domains.
- Built location specific microsites increasing sales 200% in one year.
- Managed full stack development team and the efficient production of over 200+ unique web applications for various industries.
20+ yrsTeam Leadership 20+ yrs
18 yrsStartups 18 yrs
15 yrsProcess Automation 15 yrs
9 yrsTeam Development 9 yrs
19 yrsGraphic Design 19 yrs
18 yrsWebsite Design & Branding 18 yrs
17 yrsProgramming 17 yrs
15 yrsDatabase Administration 15 yrs
14 yrsSoftware Architecture 14 yrs
10 yrsProject Management 10 yrs
10 yrsInfrastructure Administration 8 yrs
18 yrsBranding 18 yrs
10 yrsSEF / SEO 10 yrs
8 yrsEmail Marketing 8 yrs
7 yrsPPC Campaigns 7 yrs
5 yrsSocial Marketing 5 yrs
3 yrsContent Marketing 3 yrs
2 yrsAutomation 2 yrs
St. Petersburg College - 1995 - 1998
Major studies focused on software programming and web development, with minor studies on marine biology.
Scrum Alliance, License: 000288411 2013
Certified in agile project management methodologies using scrum principles
ITSM Academy 2006
Trained in practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business
I am married to a very supporting and loving wife and the proud father of two kids; one girl and one boy. Most of my free time is spent with my family.
I am a frequent guest at Orange Theory fitness and like to work on my cardio endurance. I can't seem to keep up with my wife, but I am trying.
I am addicted to business books. I listen to technology and business podcasts to collect book recommendations from business leaders and entrepreneurs and then read as many as I can.
Send me a message
3693 Hollow Trail Ct
Palm Harbor, Florida